StatCounter

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Indiana-Bound

    Yes, I'm going to Indiana... for approximately 8 weeks.
    To make a long story short, I have been struggling with recovery.  Really struggling. Let me say that things are not nearly as bad as they were in 2015, but things could definitely be better.  I am not nearly as medically fragile as I was before either, but my body is still run-down and has to be healed.
    I will be going to Selah House in Anderson, Indiana.  It is a "Christian-based facility", so I am hoping things will be a lot calmer there than they were when I went to another facility in St. Louis a year and a half ago.
    I know that this is a good thing, that I will be much better physically and mentally because of it, but yes, it was still a VERY hard decision to make.  But this is what I need.  If it wasn't, then my doctors, parents and I would all agree that I don't need to go.  But I do.  To meet and be with others who are healing their bodies just like me will be super-helpful.  Having a medical team who can monitor closely from day to day what I need to heal my body and mind...will be super-helpful.  And having support from family and so many friends...will be super-duper helpful!
    I don't know exactly when I'll be home again, but I do know that I want to be better than I am right now.  With this eating disorder comes so much tiredness and anxiety.  I just cannot truly live life with this illness.  No one can.  I want to truly enjoy the life that God so graciously gave me.  He's giving me the chance to get well, and I have to take advantage of it, even if I have to go 7 hours away from home to do so.  I choose to see this upcoming experience as a blessing, although I know there will be times when it won't feel like it.
    I will have little or no internet access while I'm there, so I probably won't get to blog much, if any.  But I promise as soon as I get back home and settled, I will tell of my adventures!  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers these next couple of months!

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you taking this step in your recovery!! You are a strong young lady and many people will be praying for you today and the weeks ahead. ❤️����
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Phillipians 4:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms.Tabitha! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosales, I'm so sorry I haven't been in contact with you over the past several months. I miss emailing you. I really do. I hope we can continue that when you return. I'm incredibly proud of you for making this difficult, yet necessary and brave choice. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you everyday. It took me a combination of 13 different hospitilizations/ treatment centers to finally be solid in recovery. Not that it will take you that many times, but sometimes it takes more than once to get a solid grip. I'm confident you will gain invaluable new insight and skills to help you live life to the fullest and beat ED.
    Love always,
    CarSo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I was typing on my phone and accidentally hit S instead of A! So sorry RosaleA😘

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words CarSo! You are such a sweet friend, and I too want to continue emailing when things settle down. It's crazy how time flies by! I think of you often. I hope things are going well for you. Love, Rosalea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalea, Uncle Chris, Ann Marie and I are very proud of you. We are proud that you realized you needed help and asked for it. Just know that we live you very much. We know that we all live far apart, but you are and the rest of the family are always in our thoughts, prayers and our heart. We Love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete